Thursday 6 November 2008

A game of tag

I have been tagged by Gill to reveal six interesting things about myself. I only visited her blog to look at a recipe and and I got tagged! Her blog is worth visiting for the recipes alone, but seriously she does write some interesting posts. I have had to have a long hard think about this as I do not think that I am very interesting. Anyway, here goes.
  1. I was born and brought up in East Yorkshire. I have arrive in Cheshire via Bath, Oxford, London and Surrey.
  2. I met my husband on holiday, on a Greek island.
  3. I am a keen gardener and would spend 24 hours a day, seven days a week out in the garden if I could.
  4. At school I was a sprinter and played left wing for the school hockey team.
  5. Peppers and chillies do not like me and the smell of a dog can give me a migraine.
  6. I used to be a civil servant.
I am passing the tag on to the following six bloggers:

blog that mama
Denise - an English girl rambles
dottie
gone back south
imbeingheldhostage
millennium housewife

17 comments:

Tim Atkinson said...

Where about in East Yorks, CW?

cheshire wife said...

The dotterel - Kirk Ella

imbeingheldhostage said...

You're assuming I have six interesting things! :-)

Met him on holiday, huh? That will be an interesting post (hint hint)

Thanks for thinking of me. I can always use ideas for daily posting!

Suburbia said...

How romantic to meet your husband on a Greek island :)

Gone Back South said...

Thanks! Do you still run?

blogthatmama said...

I'm going to try and do the tagging, I just never seem to find time!

Sandi McBride said...

These tags are so great, they tell us more about the people we blog with...we lived not to far from Oxford (in Beaconsfield) and the kids always marveled at the tiny little curving roads in the town...
Sandi

Akelamalu said...

I'm intrigued now, did you tell how you met your hubby already? If not I think you should! :)

Maggie May said...

The smell of a dog can bring on a migraine!!!!!! That is very unusual, isn't it? Or was it a joke?

david mcmahon said...

Some great bloggers on that list, CW!

cheshire wife said...

imbeingheldhostage & akelamalu - a post about him and the Greek island is on my to do list.

imbeingheldhostage - I don't think that you need any help from me.

gone back south - no I don't run. I have been trying to go to the gym since January but I am too busy with the cottage, the garden and work and now .... the blog. I know that is just a list of excuses. I need to be more organised.

maggie may - no it is not a joke. The aroma of a hairy smelly dog in an enclosed space can give me a migraine.

Mima said...

Thanks for missing me off the list, I am finding it really difficult to keep up with everyone at the moment, so very happy not to be tagged! How amazing to meet your Hubby on holiday. I'm fine with the smell of wet dog, but real coffee can set me off!!

Cathy said...

Thanks for reminding me of school hockey - I hadn't thought about ot for years.
Now gardening is another thing - like you I culd spend 24 hours of the day in ours.
Take care
Cathy

Tim Atkinson said...

Ah, the 'posh' part of Hull!!

debsdigest.com said...

Those six points throw up more questions - what sort of civil servant were you (my husband was a civil servant and so was I, briefly)? Is your husband Greek? Where does your love of gardening come from - I could go on but you might think it's the Spanish Inquisition!

Akelamalu said...

Ooooh I can't wait to read that one!

cheshire wife said...

The dotterel - not as posh as Beverley.

Deb - I worked for Medicines Division of the DoH now the MHRA (Medicines & Health products Regulatory Agency).

No my husband is not Greek. Do you think that a Greek would want to live in grey, damp, cold Cheshire? in fact would I? if I could live in Greece.

My love of gardening comes from my father.

akelamalu - you may have to.